Prieto, Marigliano, Holbert & Prieto, LLC
Free Consultation
(855) 329-7144

Mableton Slip And Fall Lawyer

A slip and fall accident in Mableton, Georgia is actually one of the most common personal injury cases out there. You may be asking yourself, why don’t I just hire a personal injury lawyer? And the reason for this is because the specifics that make up a slip and fall case are different and more nuanced than your average personal injury case.

A slip and fall lawyer can review the facts presented and advise you as to whether you can file a lawsuit, and on what grounds. Our slip and fall lawyers at Prieto, Marigliano, Holbert & Prieto, LLC have the experience you need to recoup for expenses related to the medical treatment you received from your slip and fall.

Types Of Slip-And-Fall Accidents

There are a number of different situations that qualify as slip-and-fall accidents. One of the most commonly referenced one is the “wet floor at Walmart” situation, wherein someone mops up a spill, fails to post a sign warning customers of the still-wet floor, and someone slips and suffers an injury.

However, did you know slip-and-falls are also called “premises liability” incidents? As such, there are some a number of situations that qualify as grounds for premises liability lawsuits, including:

  • Dog bites
  • Potholes in parking lots
  • Insufficient lighting
  • Broken glass or sharp metal
  • Merchandise falling onto a customer from a higher shelf
  • Poor security

If you have been the victim of any of these scenarios, or if you have suffered an injury that you’re not sure qualifies as a premises liability, a Mableton slip and fall lawyer can review your case and advise you on your next steps.

Immediately Following The Fall

Many slip-and-fall accidents appear minor on the surface, which is one of the reasons why many people who suffer a slip and fall do not seek immediate medical treatment. (Another of these reasons is the costs associated with seeking medical treatment.) However, it is so important, both for your health and your potential case, to get checked out anyway, just in case.

If you don’t seek immediate medical attention, you may discover a few months down the road that you slipped a disc in your back as the result of that slip and fall you suffered months earlier. Now, you need surgery to fix the problem, and it’s too late to sue the company, who should have posted a “wet floor” sign to warn those in the area that they could slip.

Comparative Negligence

The state of Georgia has a law in place known as “comparative negligence.” What this means is that even if you are partially at fault for the accident, you can still file a lawsuit against the company. You can still recover some sort of payment, even if the court reduces it by the percentage for which you were at fault.

Some folks decide not to sue because they feel embarrassed or ashamed that the accident was, at least in part, their fault. They figure they’ll just be laughed out of court, but this is not true. If you don’t file a lawsuit, and you were only 25 percent at fault for the accident, then you are willingly sacrificing the other 75 percent in costs you could have recouped to help support your medical treatment.

Types Of Damages

After suffering a slip and fall, you may think the only damages you can sue for are those related to your medical treatment, but this is not the case. In addition to recouping monies for medical bills, you can also sue the company for lost wages from time spent out of work, as well as future earnings you may miss out on if your fall leads to a permanent or even semi-permanent injury, as well as pain and suffering.

Victim Of A Slip And Fall? We Can Help!

A slip and fall can happen anywhere at any time. You could slip and fall at the grocery store, in a parking lot, or on the stairs of a building, especially if stair maintenance has been neglected. You should not have to suffer in silence as the result of someone else’s negligence.

At Prieto, Marigliano, Holbert & Prieto, LLC, we want to help you get justice for your unfortunate situation. Call (855) 329-7144 or fill in the details on our contact form, and a member of our team will get back to you for a free consultation with no obligation to retain.

We do not collect any fees unless we win. We want to help you, so call us today, and let’s get started!